Walking and running are a predictable series of movements that provides forward propulsion. Many of us will never give thought to how we move forward until we hurt and are unable to propel forward.
Our gait analysis is intended for athletes prone to lower trunk injuries or gait-related performance issues. Positive Energy PT can detect where your stride pattern is sub-optimal, and get you back to moving your best.
Our gait analysis is a 5-step process done over 2 appointments (1st is 90min and 2nd is 45min), separated by 1 week.
Here is how we do it:
- We listen to your story, understand where you are struggling and what you’d like to do better.
- We feel how you move, assessing where you are tight or loose and strong or weak.
- We observe how your body moves using slow motion video cameras.
- We interpret where your cycle is off by analyzing your body in motion and matching the deficits to your symptoms.
- We offer a plan and solution to address your needs.
So, if you are a runner, triathlete, or other athlete involved in a sport that involves a lot of running, gait analysis can be a proactive approach to running injury prevention. Or if you are currently suffering knee pain or hip pain, let us help you with gait analysis and a physical therapy program designed for you.